Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dubai Car Free Day - 10 Days to go!

I can not imagine Dubai with out car. You can not walk anywhere in Dubai or there are no proper public transportation. Yes, ok, we now have the Dubai Metro and brand new buses with AC and so but do we use them? No! Some of us have been using the Metro just for sightseeing purposes and gold class only. Yes, Dubai metro is probably the only metro in the world which has Gold Class facility. I am not talking about the trains; this is just a normal metro system.

Anyway, my topic today is that Dubai municipality has declared Feb 17th as a Car Free day in Dubai as part of the Emirates Go Green initiation. That’s great news but I wonder if this is going to work. Unfortunately I’ll not be in Dubai to report the results but I’ll definitely get some feedback from friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment